Author Notes: You can serve this as a starter, a snack or ingredient of a party buffet. What I love about this dish is its simplicity, and the combination of sweet and savory flavors. Perfect with a slice of homemade walnut bread. —Sabine
Serves: 2-3 as a starter
grams soft goat cheese
grams hard cheese, e.g. Gruyère, Comté, finely grated
grams pine nuts, roasted and chopped
grams dried cranberries, chopped (+ 2 for decoration)
sprigs of thyme
dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Roast pine nuts in a pan at low to medium heat until slightly golden (no addition of oil/fat needed; takes about 10 min)
- Coarsely chop pine nuts and cranberries.
- Pick leaflets from 4-5 thyme sprigs.
- Grate the hard cheese finely.
- Combine hard and goat cheese in a bowl, then blend in other ingredients using a fork or spoon.
- Form a ball or place mixture into a small baking mould or other dish layered with foil. Cool in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Turn baking mould/dish upside-down an decorate cheese with remaining thyme sprigs and cranberries. Serve with Grissini breadsticks, baguette or homemade walnut bread..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard