If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the bread
tablespoons (6 oz) softened butter
slices of thick-cut, white bread
large oranges, zested and juiced
lemon, zested and juiced
cup superfine sugar
For the custard
milliliters (12 fl oz) milk
tablespoons superfine sugar
tablespoons light cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and generously butter a large baking dish (about 2 litres) with some of the butter.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread then butter and spread with marmalade. Cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- In a small bowl stir together the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Soak each triangle of bread in the syrup and arrange in the baking dish until it's completely full.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and cream. Pour this over the bread triangles in the dish. Spoon over any remaining syrup.
- Bake pudding for 30 minutes until browned and crisp on top.