Author Notes: I made these cookies last night and so far have had them as a snack, a midnight treat and breakfast. They are pretty versatile.. and delicious. They are gluten and dairy free and a real energy pick me up any time of day. See more recipes at www.pomegranatenation.co.uk —sabrina
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 of one banana cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup jumbo oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 organic egg
- 1 pinch maldon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and then mix in wet ingredients one at a time.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes (while the oven is heating) so that the oats and quinoa flakes soak up the oat milk.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. The bottom of the cookies should be golden and caramelized.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe