If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This superfood chiabreakfast can be whipped up in five minutes the night before so that it's completely ready to go in the morning. Whisk up your chia, toss on some superfood berries, like goji berries, goldenberries, and mulberries, a few cashews, and bam. Rockin' raw vegan power breakfast. Ready before you are. Super pro tip, make this in a mason jar to make it a portable breakfast at work or on the way.
This recipe is beautifully simple and packed with nutrition. You can add the toppings right before you eat it in the morning, or if you want it to be completely ready to go, add all your toppings after the chia has had a chance to set and let it chill out with the pudding overnight. I like to put the goldenberries on top of the chia so they soak up some of the liquid and plump up a bit. Put the cashews on the very top so they don't get soggy overnight. I think I like it better when everything has had a chance to sit together overnight and infuse a bit, but try it both ways and see what you think! —Eat What's Good, Emily Meko
The Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds, white or black
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond or sunflower seed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean powder (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Goldenberries
- 2 tablespoons Goji berries
- 2 tablespoons Dried mulberries
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cashews
- 1 teaspoon Raw cacao nibs (optional but good)
- Start by soaking your chia seeds in the sunflower or almond milk. Whisk well with a fork and make sure to break up any clumps. Whisk in the vanilla powder and cinnamon. Let sit for 5 minutes, stir again, and place in the fridge 30 minutes or overnight.
- After 30 minutes or in the morning, top with berries and cashews.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch