If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what shows up in my bowl when I turn on my breakfast autopilot, and what I look most forward to eating after being away on holiday and eating too many processed carbs and not enough roughage. I have tinkered with the add-ins on occasion, but this version with raisins, banana, and pecans is my personal favorite. There is enough to split for lighter eaters, but this is fuel for my morning workout so I usually eat the whole thing solo. —Abbie C
cup Old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
cup Milk (will be used 1/2 cup at a time)
tablespoons Coarse ground flax seeds
tablespoons Pecan pieces
pinches Salt (optional)
- Put the oats, flax, raisins, and salt (if using) into a sauce pan and add the water and 1/2 cup of milk. Cook over medium-low until most of the liquid is dissolved.
- While the oats cook, cut the banana into small slices. I just slice it into my bowl.
- Pour the cooked oats over the banana slices, pour the remaining 1/2 cup of milk over the top, and sprinkle on the pecans. From here, I mix everything together and chow down with a mug of green tea.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe