If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pie is sinfully delicious - jam packed with flavor - just boozy enough to feel scandalous - i want to eat it every day!!! This pie was a serious hit at the Fifth Annual New Music Bake Sale in Brooklyn last week :-) —Jacqueline Russo
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
Pie & Filling
- 1 9-inch pie crust (a secret for another time)
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest from whole lemon
- juice from half a lemon (about 2 TBS)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350*F and set rack in the top third of the oven.
- For the crumble, combine all but butter in a medium bowl, and then incorporate butter with fingertips until a soft meal comes together. Chill at least 15 minutes before baking.
- In a small bowl, combine dried blueberries and bourbon, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine fresh berries, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Stir until sugar appears wet, set aside.
- Roll out pastry dough, set in 9-inch pie dish and place in freezer.
- Add bourbon/berry mixture to fresh berries.
- Incorporate cornstarch into berry mixture just before you're ready to bake, then pour berry mixture into prepared pie crust and top with chilled crumble.
- Bake until crumble appears golden brown (approx 45-60min) and let cool for at least two hours before serving. For easy clean up, bake pie over a foiled and greased baking sheet to catch drippings.