If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did you know that brown rice is one of the world's healthiest foods? Why not try it for the most important meal of the day! I usually prepare a large pot of unsalted brown rice once a week and then use it to make variations of this delicious and nutritious brown rice breakfast porridge. There are countless ways you can enjoy it by adding dried and/or fresh fruits and nuts. Here's just one variation. —Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
- 1/2 Golden Apple
- 1/2 cup Leftover Brown Rice, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Hazlenut Butter (or Almond Butter)
- 1/2 tablespoon Sultana Raisins
- 2 Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pinch Vanilla Bean Powder (optional)
- 1 drop Maple Syrup or Barley Malt (optional)
- Dice half an apple into small cubes
- Place apples pieces, rice and water in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium low, add cinnamon, nut butter, raisins, walnuts and vanilla if using it, stir to combine
- Continue cooking and stirring, slightly mushing the rice with the spoon as you go along, until the liquid absorbs and the mixture is creamy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as is, or with a drop of maple syrup or barley malt for added sweetness. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe