Author Notes: A dehydrator is essential to this dish, an investment, but a worthy one at that! It allows you to substitute traditional glutinous rice paper with a fibre- rich, antioxidant packed pumpkin paper. These sweat creamy babies can be filled with just about anything you can find in your fridge, and make for a fun hands-on experience for your family and friends alike. —Sandra Ramacher
cups pumpkin (chopped)
large carrot (grated)
red onion (chopped)
bunch coriander leaves
- Simmer the pumpkin with the water for 15 minutes in a covered pot.
- Drain the water and with the salt process in a food processor until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the pumpkin onto a non-stick tray and de-hydrate for 4 hours on 43°C/110°F. It is important to check the pumpkin paper to make sure it is dried but still flexible and not going crisp.
- Remove the pumpkin paper from the sheet and cut into four even pieces.
- Combine the filling and fill the pumpkin paper rolls.
- Serve immediately and do not store, as the rolls once having absorbed the moisture from the vegetables will soften.