If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious bites are a perfect appetizer for that party you're going to. They're light, cheesey, peppery goodness in one bite. Adapted from a Real Simple recipe but we added more cheese and more pepper! Enjoy! —First We Eat
Makes approx. 20 snails
- 1 piece Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 3 Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan (Gruyere would be amazing as well)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper & a bit to sprinkle once snails are out of the oven
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with parchment or use a silpat. Carefully unfold your pastry dough and brush with the egg. Equally distribute the green onion and cheese then sprinkle salt and pepper. Roll into a log and put into the freezer for about 15 minutes - you want the dough to be firm, but not frozen.
- Slice your log into 1/4" thick rounds and place on your baking sheet. Sprinkle with more cheese then bake for 12-15 minutes. Once they come out of the oven, sprinkle with a bit more pepper and serve warm.