If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is loosely adapted from Ottolenghi and is a recent favorite. With both arugula, spinach, carrots, garlic, fresh herbs and chickpeas, it couldn't be better for you—virtually every vitamin imaginable. It's healthy and delicious. —Gail Monaghan
Chickpea and Mixed Greens Saute
- 1/2 pound baby spinach
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus to finish
- 3 large carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, RINSED well and weigh drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 pound nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (add garlic amd/or tahini if desired)
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the carrots and caraway and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spinach, arugula, chickpeas, and cook 6-7 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, herbs, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Cool a bit and adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Pile the veggies on a serving plate, top with sauce and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas