If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This uses mainly store cupboard ingredients which are transformed into a rich, spicy comforting dish with very little effort on your part. Equally at home as a winter warmer or a sprightly spiced supper for cooler summer evenings. Whatever the weather please give it a go, I have never known it not to please. —Anna May
Serves 2 but easily doubled
- 150 grams cooking chorizo,
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 glass white wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- Cut the chorizo into rounds and fry gently in a medium size pan until it renders its oil in which you now fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and stir for a minute or two followed by the tomatoes, chickpeas and wine or sherry.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the parsley. This doesn't really need anything else but a sliced crusty baguette works a treat as does a crisp green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas