If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not the mayonnaise laden tuna salad you get at your local deli. This is made with freshly poached ahi tuna. A treat - but one worth indulging in once in a while. —Modern Family Cooking - Nicole
- 1 large ahi tuna filet or 2 medium ones (or 4 cans of highest quality tuna you can find)
- 1 carrot- grated
- 1 shallot- finely chopped
- 1/2 BPA free can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/8 cup chopped dill pickle
- salt and pepper to taste
- f you are poaching fresh tuna, bring water in a pan deep enough to submerge the fish to a very gentle simmer – I squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in the water and throw that in also. Poach 10 minutes, check to see if it is done (cut into it). When it is cooled, break into small pieces. If using cans, drain liquid off.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil and juice of lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a larger bowl, combine tuna, carrot, shallots, chickpeas, pickle and dill – pour dressing you just mixed up over that entire concoction and gently mix it all together to evenly distribute all the ingredients.
- Check if it needs more salt or pepper. Serve on lightly buttered toast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas