If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first made this dish after returning from olive oil tasting in Ojai and I was inspired to create a really fresh and simple pasta dish that highlighted good olive oil. —Jacquilyn in the Kitchen
- 4 ounces whole wheat, thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- zest of half a lemon (wash and dry before zesting)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch each of sea salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup sweet grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 large leaves of organic red swiss chard, washed, destemmed and cut into thin strips
- In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. I like my pasta al dente, so I cooked it for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 1 spoonful of the olive mixture for 1 minute. Next add the tomatoes and let cook for about 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to break down. Add the remaining olive mixture and swiss chard, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, mix well and heat for an additional minute, then serve.