If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: East meets West in a delightful fusion of flavours - miso and thick risotto. Can be made vegetarian/vegan. Enjoy. —C Kwok
cup rice, arborio
cups water ; you may require an additional 1/4
tablespoon miso paste
cup assorted mushrooms ; I used shimeiji and shiitake
cloves of garlic
sprig of oregano (optional)
Salt + Pepper
turkey sausage, optional, omit if vegan/vegetarian
- 1. Dice onions and garlic. Saute until fragrance is emitted.
- 2. Add in rice, oregano and mushrooms. Toast for 2 mins on VERY LOW HEAT. Add in salt and pepper now.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine water and miso. Microwave for a minute, or ensure it's warm.
- 4. Pour in 1/3 miso soup along with sausage, if using. Cover but stir occasionally. Make sure that only a few bubbles pop at times.
- 5. Repeat twice. Add in the broth when the broth added previously is almost fully absorbed, but still leaves some water in the pan. This should take about 25-35 mins.
- 6. Test rice for doneness. MAKE SURE ITS COOKED.
- 7. Serve with some cheese/nutritional yeast. Enjoy.