If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups long grain rice, dry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 smoked andouille sausage links, cooked (on grill or pan) and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add onions and red pepper and cook until soft. Add in garlic and cook for additional minute.
- Stir in dry rice, coating in oil and juices from vegetables. Add chicken broth, salt, and saffron. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Stir in sausage and peas. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until rice is soft and fluffy.
- Remove from heat and stir in paprika. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later