If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Turmeric roasted cabbage, ribbon carrots, massages kale , roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas on a bed of brown rice with a tangy sunflower lemon sauce
Turmeric roasted cabbage, ribbon carrots, massages kale , roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas on a bed of brown rice with a tangy sunflower lemon sauce—Sevengrams
cup Brown rice
Can of chickpeas
cups White cabbage, roughly chopped
Large sweet potatoe, chopped
Large carrot, peeled into ribbons
cups Kale, chopped
Olive oil, salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped cabbage, 1-2 tbsp olive oil and turmeric. Toss to combine and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reusing the same large bowl, toss the sweet potato pieces with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, peel your carrot into ribbons and set aside. Toss the kale with olive oil, salt and pepper and massage with your hands to coat evenly. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 15 minutes, juice from 1 lemon, 1 tsp Dijon, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper in a magic bullet and pulse until smooth. Add water in small increments to reach desired consistency.
- When ready to serve, place a heaping scoop of rice at the bottom of the bowl and drizzle with the sunflower lemon sauce. Evenly divide the toppings between the four bowl. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and more dressing if you'd like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas