Author Notes: For as long as I can remember, I've loved chickpea crepes. My mom makes them with a lot of Indian spices and occasionally she'll add chopped spinach or fenugreek leaves. This was her "quick fix-in' for lunch or dinner and we'd indulge in this mouthwatering deliciousness.
I saw this recipe on A Brown Table's website and immediately got transported back to my childhood. I loved how simple this recipe is and you may already have the ingredients in your pantry or fridge. Chickpea flour is gluten free and you can easily find it at Indian stores or health food stores. —themessimake.com
cup chickpea flour
tablespoon chopped green chillies or 1 tsp crushed red pepper
cup chopped scallions
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, turmeric.
- Add the scallions, mix well.
- Add water and mix well until the clumps are gone.
- Heat a non-stick/ceramic pan on medium heat, spray cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter, swirl the pan around to spread the batter. Let the crepe cook until it changes color, (it should darken a bit) this should take about 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for another 2 minutes, longer if necessary.
- Serve warm with ketchup (my favorite).