If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I so excited to succeed in creating a fruity hummus. This hummus is filled with chickpeas, spices, cranberries and topped with pecans. You can dip your graham crackers in it or anything your heart desires. —Juliana Palmcook
- 2 1/2 cups whole frozen and thawed cranberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1- 15 ounces can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 orange (cut in half for juice)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- extra cranberries, pecans for garnish
- vegan graham crackers
- In a small pot boil cranberries with sugar, cinnamon, curry, nutmeg, allspice and anise seeds.
- Lower heat and stir with a fork until tender.
- Remove the pot with cranberries from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor finely ground chick peas until you reach a hummus texture.
- Slowly add cranberry mixture with it's juice into the chick pea hummus.
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice and continue to grind in the food processor.
- Remove hummus from food processor and place in serving bowl.
- Fold in pecans and the garnish with extra cranberries and pecans
- Dip vegan cinnamon graham crackers in the hummus for a tasty dessert.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas