If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moist, fluffy, and sweet, this bread is equally good for breakfast, dessert, and tea time. —Gena Hamshaw
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates, chopped into small pieces (heaping)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water and allowed to thicken for a few minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Pour the boiling water over the dates and allow them to sit for at least ten minutes.
- As the dates soak, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- Whisk together the vinegar and non-dairy milk vigorously, till it's frothy. Add the coconut oil and flax meal-water combination. Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ones until just mixed. Drain and fold in the dates, along with the walnuts. Add a splash of almond milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Pour into a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!