If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by fried onion rings to make up this recipe using scallions! They were so delicious, my husband and I wanted more! —Ronna F
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant potato flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Ancho chile pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 4-inch pieces
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, potato flakes, chile pepper and salt. Stir in soda.
- Place bread crumbs in another medium shallow bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Dip scallion pieces into flour mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- Fry on each side for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions