Author Notes: I was inspired by fried onion rings to make up this recipe using scallions! They were so delicious, my husband and I wanted more! —Ronna F
cup all-purpose flour
tablespoon instant potato flakes
teaspoon Ancho chile pepper powder
cup lemon-lime soda
cup plain bread crumbs
cup canola oil
scallions, cut into 4-inch pieces
In This Recipe
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, potato flakes, chile pepper and salt. Stir in soda.
- Place bread crumbs in another medium shallow bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Dip scallion pieces into flour mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- Fry on each side for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions