If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pan-fried vegetable fritters are a healthy and colorful way to spice up your weeknight meals. —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Makes 7 fritters
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup organic cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate the zucchini coarsely and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes so that it releases some of its water content. Give the grated zucchini an extra squeeze and drain out all the excess water.
- Coarsely chop the shredded carrots into smaller pieces.
- Mix the zucchini, carrots, scallions, cornmeal, salt, tumeric, and eggs in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Heat a sauté pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is heated, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture. Place it in the pan, and flatten the mixture so that it looks like a small patty. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Fry each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions