Author Notes: These pan-fried vegetable fritters are a healthy and colorful way to spice up your weeknight meals. —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Makes: 7 fritters
cups shredded carrots
large eggs, whisked
cup organic cornmeal
tablespoons olive oil
In This Recipe
- Grate the zucchini coarsely and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes so that it releases some of its water content. Give the grated zucchini an extra squeeze and drain out all the excess water.
- Coarsely chop the shredded carrots into smaller pieces.
- Mix the zucchini, carrots, scallions, cornmeal, salt, tumeric, and eggs in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Heat a sauté pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is heated, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture. Place it in the pan, and flatten the mixture so that it looks like a small patty. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Fry each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions