It's a mix of greens, tomato, parmesan and a cous cous blend baked in a hollowed out tomato cup. What could be easier and cheesier on a Friday night?
It's a mix of greens, tomato, parmesan and a cous cous blend baked in a hollowed out tomato cup. What could be easier and cheesier on a Friday night?—Melissa Schwimmer
clove of garlic
cup tomato sauce
pinches chili flaked
cups Trader Joe's Harvest grains blend
cup parmesan plus some to bake on top
tablespoon olive oil
In This Recipe
- Follow directions to cook cous cous blend and preheat the oven to 350.
- Mince the garlic and cut the scallion into thin slices.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and hollow them out throwing the tomato guts in a bowl.
- In a medium pan heat the oil. Once it is hot add the garlic, scallions and arugula.
- When the arugula has wilted down add the tomato guts, spices, and sauce. Let is cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- When the cous cous is done add it to the pan with the sauce and greens. Throw in the parmesan and stir continuously until thoroughly combined. When homogenous turn off the heat.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and fill to the brim with the cous cous mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and add extra parmesan cheese to the top and let cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese has melted take out and savor with a side of nice dry red wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions