If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a take off from a traditional risotto dish which was served in my family as a first course when I was growing up. Since I started eating healthy and focusing my diet mainly on fresh organic vegetables, I modified a traditional risotto dish with a few embellishments of my own for an outstanding result. This dish was always welcomed on a cold, misty day. Enjoy! —edwina7800
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
bunch SCALLIONS (chopped)
pieces Celery (chopped)
ounces Mushrooms, any kind (I like bella), washed and sliced
ounces fresh baby Spinach, washed and drained
cups Arborio Rice
pinches Slap yo Mama seasoning (hot)
cups Low sodium Chicken Broth (I purchase the carton. One whole carton usually works if I don't have homemade on hand)
cup heavy whipping cream
1 or 2
handfuls Gran Padano Parmesan Cheese (shaved)
pieces garlic (chopped)
pinches sea salt
ounces white wine (I use a sweeter wine like reisling or moscato)
- Heat oil in heavy skillet
- Add scallions for one minute cooking over medium heat
- Add celery and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Add mushrooms and baby spinach and cook for about another 2 minutes
- At around the 20 minute mark the rice should be cooked and you will no longer be adding broth. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the butter, stir till melted
- Finish off with the Gran Padano Parmesan Cheese.
- Plate up and serve with a nice piece of thick hard crusted bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions