This recipe is a take off from a traditional risotto dish which was served in my family as a first course when I was growing up. Since I started eating healthy and focusing my diet mainly on fresh organic vegetables, I modified a traditional risotto dish with a few embellishments of my own for an outstanding result. This dish was always welcomed on a cold, misty day. Enjoy! —edwina7800
- Serves 4-6
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mushrooms, any kind (I like bella), washed and sliced
fresh baby Spinach, washed and drained
1 1/2 cups
Slap yo Mama seasoning (hot)
Low sodium Chicken Broth (I purchase the carton. One whole carton usually works if I don't have homemade on hand)
heavy whipping cream
1 or 2 handfuls
Gran Padano Parmesan Cheese (shaved)
white wine (I use a sweeter wine like reisling or moscato)
- Heat oil in heavy skillet
- Add scallions for one minute cooking over medium heat
- Add celery and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Add mushrooms and baby spinach and cook for about another 2 minutes
- At around the 20 minute mark the rice should be cooked and you will no longer be adding broth. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the butter, stir till melted
- Finish off with the Gran Padano Parmesan Cheese.
- Plate up and serve with a nice piece of thick hard crusted bread.