Author Notes: The key to a good frog leg is to make sure they are nice and small (no larger than 3-4 inches long) and to try to get them fresh if you can. (Frozen is okay but fresh is a little more tender). Chubritza is an Eastern European spice blend consisting of oregano, paprika, salt and other spices. —coffeefoodwrite
pound frog legs
A few tablespoons Chubritza (for dipping)
- Wash and dry frog legs completely
- Dip legs in flour mixed with salt, pepper, oregano and paprika; then dip in egg wash.
- Sauté in olive oil and butter until golden (depending on size of legs – approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Serve while hot. Dip in Chubritza set out in small dipping plates.
- Note: If you don’t have or can’t find Chubritza, this recipe can also be made just dipped in flour, without the egg wash and eaten plain...yummy little buttery snacks!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Nose to Tail Recipe