If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple side dish will liven up any meal. A drizzle of honey prior to roasting will help bring out the sweetness of the carrots, and the sprinkling of dukkah to finish takes it to a whole new level – undoubtedly, these carrots will be the first to go off the table.
Feel free to use plain old orange carrots, but make sure they’re small and do get the ones with the tops attached, leaving the carrots whole with a little green on the top does wonders for your presentation. —boymeetsgirlmeetsfood
Serves 2-4 as a side dish, depending on how big your carrot bunch is
- one bunch purple carrots, washed and tops trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons dukkah
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Prepare your carrots, trimming off the green tops, leave about 2 cm of the stalk, and wash thoroughly. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Place your carrots, thyme, garlic in the dish. Drizzle honey and olive oil over and toss to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast carrots in oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Every 15 minutes remove from oven and toss. Keep an eye on the garlic, remove early if beginning to burn.
- Serve carrots with roasted garlic and a good sprinkling of dukkah. So easy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer