If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In fact it's adapted from hollyshaner's recipe, In the Netherlands the All Purpose Flour didn't work as well as the Patent Flour, and somehow also the baking powder, so I added baking soda, for the chewy-ness I added Zante Currant - I feel like adding walnut/pecan would also be good! Experiment. —nikoleung
Makes 1 loaf-sized
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rum Essence
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots
- handfuls Zante Currant
- 1.5 cups Patent Flour
- 1/2 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Orange, Zest of
- 1/5 teaspoon Salt (or taste the batter to test)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 80 grams Softened Butter
- 150 grams Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Rum Essence
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (Taste to Test)
- pinches Salt (it will lift up the whole taste!)
- pinches Grounded Nutmeg (a bit for the top)
- In a bowl of mixer, beat together sugar and eggs until thick. Add rum and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon. Add carrots, zante currant and orange zest, toss to coat.
- Add flour mixture, alternately with yogurt and oil, to egg mixture. Stir with spatula. Add salt now and taste to test.
- Preheat oven to 325 (180C). Grease a loaf pan or insert baking paper in it. Pour batter in pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then out on a rack to cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.