If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy homemade cashew milk makes this a thick and luxurious treat. —HMMessinger
Makes about four cups
- 1 cup raw, unsalted whole cashews
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons cane syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak cashews in water on the counter for about four hours, but no longer than six.
- Drain cashews and rinse until water runs clear (this step is super important).
- Melt chocolate and let cool slightly. Pour into blender with drained cashews, salt, 1T syrup, chocolate and one cup water.
- Start blending on a low speed and gradually turn it up to high. Blend until smooth.
- Add water 1/2 cup at a time until the milk reaches a consistency that tickles your fancy. Taste and adjust sweetening and salt to your liking. Remember that it will thicken more once cooled.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- To make drink: shake cashew milk well. Pour equal parts chocolate cashew milk and coffee/espresso over ice. Stir.