If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These wraps are flavourful and packed with protein and healthy carbs. They are light, yet sustaining, making them a really great recovery meal. I make a lot of the quinoa salad as I find it stores well for a few days in the refrigerator. The quinoa filling packs well, alongside a head of lettuce for lunches on the go. Or you could serve the quinoa over a bed of lettuce, as a light meal or as a side salad. The Lemon-tahini Sauce is inspired by the Tahini Lemon Dressing in the Moosewood Restaurant Favourites cookbook. —Carole
Makes a lot
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 handful Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Red onion, diced
- 1 handful Olives, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow pepper
- 1 Head of boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Use the vegetables and cheese in amounts that are suitable for your tastes. My only note here is to dice them fairly finely, so that the wraps roll easily and so that you get as many flavours as possible in each spectacular bite. Substitute vegetables and cheese at your own discretion, depending on what you have on hand. Keep lettuce aside, for assembling wraps.
- Mix all ingredients for the Lemon-Tahini Sauce together and process with an immersion blender. This Sauce is inspired by the Tahini Lemon Dressing in the Moosewood Restaurant Favourites cookbook
- Assemble the wraps. Smear some Lemon-Tahini Sauce on a leaf of lettuce. Spoon on some Quinoa Salad. Roll the lettuce leaf around the salad and eat with you fingers.