If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a super simple and tasty mochi cake. It isn't very sweet, which is perfect for me and a lot of my aunts and relatives who were eating them. They make lovely gifts when you wrap them up nicely. Koreans love this stuff. I mean, it's mochi, green tea, and full of healthy nuts. —Miss Hangrypants
Makes 2 flat loaves
- 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Matcha
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup walnut
- 1/4 medjool dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted chesnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, Grease pan or 2 loaf tins with oil or butter
- Whisk all your dry ingredients in one bowl (rice flour, matcha powder, sugar, baking powder, salt)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil. Combine dry mix with the wet mix.
- Gently fold in the filling ingredients. Feel free to use all red bean, or add raisins. Seriously, whatever you like.
- Bake for 40-50 mins or until the sides pull away from the pan.
- Only remove from pan when FULLY cooled. Or it is way too difficult to cut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates