Author Notes: Devour this delicious red cabbage salad that is studded with toasted walnuts, feta and raisins. The cabbage is cooked ever so slightly with the warm mustard vinaigrette, and adding a complete dimension of sweet, savoury, and salty. Delicious! —Hilary
cups walnuts, chopped
cups olive oil
cups red wine vinegar
tablespoon dijon mustard
of one red cabbage head, stem removed and sliced thinly
cups each of thompson raisins and crumbled feta
- Heat the walnut halves over medium heat in a frying pan, toasting them slightly.
- Once the walnuts are fragrant, add the olive oil and vinegar and reduce the temperature to medium-low. Stir for about 2 minutes and then add the mustard. Add cracked black pepper if desired.
- Meanwhile, add the thinly sliced red cabbage to a large bowl and top with the feta and raisins.
- Pour the walnut and mustard vinagrette over the cabbage mixture, stirring thoroughly until it is well coated. Allow it to rest for about 20 minutes (this allows the heat to wilt the cabbage somewhat).
- Enjoy! Can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.