If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an animal protein-less (surprise!)- cold, summery salad. The sauce may seem a little runny before being chilled, but it will firm-up. Enjoy this salad on chips or crackers or with hard-boiled egg-whites. —purduetina
ounces (1 can) red kidney beans, drained, strained, rinsed
ounces (1 can) white beans, drained, strained, rinsed
cup cashews (dry roasted, whole or pieces)
cup sliced celery
tablespoons olive oil mayo
teaspoon curry powder
cup bulgar wheat
- 1. Cook bulgar wheat in water, bringing to a boil, then let simmer about 20 minutes until done. Follow package directions. Let bulgar wheat cool. In a two quart, covered dish, add beans, celery and cashews to bulgar wheat, stirring till everything is evenly mixed-up.
- 2. Mix curry powder into mayo in a separate bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste before mixing this dressing into the bulgar mixture.
- 3. Add mayo-curry dressing to dry ingredients. The mixture may seam runny at first, but it will firm up after it chills. Let chill three hours or over night in refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans