If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Extremely refreshing and delicious! Don’t be afraid to try new flavor combos - they taste surprisingly good! Promise ;)
Spring salad with toasted walnuts is yummy and super healthy!
Did you know that walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, high in B vitamins, E vitamin, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc and selenium?
They are very healthy: lower cholesterol and decrease heart disease, that is why they are particularly good for your heart and circulatory system. Also they strengthen the immune system and have anti-cancer properties.
Not to mention how tasty they are! ;) —Pepper Punch (Karolina Awizen)
- 0.5 watermelon (cubed)
- 1.5 handfuls seedless red grapes
- 1.5 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams feta cheese (cubed)
- 50 grams lettuce
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 lime
- 0.5 bunches coriander
- wash fruits and veggies, place in a salad bowl, add feta and mix all together
- place walnuts on a tray lined with a baking paper sheet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, then sprinkle over the salad
- serve with lime and coriander leaves
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts