If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious tofu scramble with a Spring twist. A quick and easy lunch. —The Flexitarian
- 15 ounces plain tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 9 ounces asparagus
- 2 large shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3-4 tablespoons capers
- 2 roasted peppers (from a jar) (roughly chopped)
- 1 large handful pitted black olives (sliced)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in a large saucepan.
- 2. Cut the tougher ends of the asparagus by bending them (discard the harder end that snaps off). Cook in boiling water for 3 mins until just cooked through.
- 3. In the meantime heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- 4. Drain tofu and mash with a fork into a scramble.
- 5. Add tofu to the shallot mixture. Add turmeric, rosemary and nutritional yeast. Blend well. Cook under medium heat, stirring often, until warm.
- 6. Drain cooked asparagus and cut them in 3 cm long sticks.
- 7. Add asparagus, peppers and olives to the scramble.
- 8. Season to taste.
- 9. Serve with crusty bread.
More Great Recipes: