If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The rich toasted walnuts in this salad balance perfectly with the sweet persimmons, baby spinach and the strong pepper flavours of the rocket and the blue cheese. It’s a surprisingly filling salad that everyone seems to enjoy.
Credit: Inspired by Persimmons Australia —The home cook
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 thinly sliced, sweet persimmon
- 1 handful rocket
- 1/2 cup crumbly blue cheese
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- Toast the walnuts evenly in a heavy, unoiled frypan over a medium heat, stirring them continually for about 5 minutes until they are nicely browned and fragrant.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts