If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created these when I was craving cinnamon rolls but wanted something easier to make, and much healthier. Thus, the Raw Cinnamon Roll Bites were born; a raw cinnamon cookie with a drizzle of coconut milk maple icing. And it's even better than a traditional cinnamon roll because it takes mere minutes to make, and won't make your blood sugar spike and crash like the real thing.
Best of all? They are dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and corn-free so great for almost any diet. —maiah03
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1. Pulse the walnuts, dates and sunflower seeds in a high-powered blender or food processor until combined.
- 2. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, oats and 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk, continuing to combine and pulse.
- 3. Continue to process/blend until ingredients come together. Add the remaining coconut milk and maple syrup.
- 4. Line a container/dish with plastic wrap, and use the bottom of a mug or measuring cup to flatten the dough. (Alternately, you can roll the dough into balls). Chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to firm up.
- 5. Optional: mix together 1 tablespoon coconut milk, 2 tablespoons tapioca starch and maple syrup. Drizzle over the cinnamon buns. Chill to set further.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts