I created these when I was craving cinnamon rolls but wanted something easier to make, and much healthier. Thus, the Raw Cinnamon Roll Bites were born; a raw cinnamon cookie with a drizzle of coconut milk maple icing. And it's even better than a traditional cinnamon roll because it takes mere minutes to make, and won't make your blood sugar spike and crash like the real thing.
Best of all? They are dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and corn-free so great for almost any diet. —maiah03
1. Pulse the walnuts, dates and sunflower seeds in a high-powered blender or food processor until combined.
2. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, oats and 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk, continuing to combine and pulse.
3. Continue to process/blend until ingredients come together. Add the remaining coconut milk and maple syrup.
4. Line a container/dish with plastic wrap, and use the bottom of a mug or measuring cup to flatten the dough. (Alternately, you can roll the dough into balls). Chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to firm up.
5. Optional: mix together 1 tablespoon coconut milk, 2 tablespoons tapioca starch and maple syrup. Drizzle over the cinnamon buns. Chill to set further.