If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a video on the process visit http://www.farmtotablebabymama.com/homemade-granola-w-orange-blossom-honey-yogurt/ . We go through so much granola in my house. We love it for breakfast with yogurt and fruit, and the kids eat it as a snack regularly. After I started making it myself, I have to say that no store bought granola can compare with this crunchy chunky deliciousness. My kids will find it in the cupboard and eat it right out of the jar. It’s so so good. —FTTBabyMama
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (or a mix of your favorite nuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural maple syrup
- 1 cup dried fruit (cherries, apricots, etc.)
Yogurt with Orange Blossom Honey
- Plain greek yogurt
- Orange Blossom Honey
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Mix the dry ingredients: rolled oats, nuts, cinnamon, ginger, light brown sugar, salt
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl: applesauce, vegetable oil, honey, and maple syrup
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread the granola evenly on a baking sheet
- Cook for 30 min in the oven, stirring every 10 min, until lightly golden brown
- Let it cool and it will get crispy and crunchy
- Optional: Add dried fruit to the dry ingredients before baking if you like the fruit extra chewy, or mix it in at the end after the granola is made
- Delicious eaten plain, or serve with greek yogurt, a drizzle of orange blossom honey and a smidge of freshly grated nutmeg.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts