Author Notes: This sauce is so versatile and so darn delicious, I want to drink it. It's great on salads (of course), drizzled on fish or chicken, paired with a grilled steak, or partnered with roasted vegetables. Pretty soon, you’ll find yourself making a weekly batch. —Jana McMahon
Food52 Review: Toasted walnuts, walnut oil, and tahini build nutty depth in this salad dressing (which doubles as a sauce). Braggs Aminos functions as the umami secret ingredient, though tamari soy sauce is a fine substitute and will add the same pleasant savoriness. —Letty Flatt
Makes: 2 to 3 cups
cup walnut oil
cup olive oil
cup roasted walnuts
cup Bragg's Aminos
lemon, juiced (I like Meyer lemons if I can get them)
tablespoons cider vinegar
- Add garlic, walnuts, and olive oil to your blender, Vitamix, or food processor. Blend until the garlic is well minced.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until well incorporated and smooth. If you want a more dressing-like consistency, add another 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add sea salt to taste.
- Store the mixture in a jar or container. It will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator, but I doubt it will last that long.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts