If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts add richness to this light breading; the coating keeps the chicken moist. For longer shelf life, store nuts in the freezer. —pretty
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, stale
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 large egg white
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 lemon slices, for serving
- Green salad, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° F. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and green salad.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts