If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Loving the flavors of espresso rubbed on meat and the tartness of cherry and beef coupled with a punch of nuttiness from walnuts, this recipe had to come into fruition. I have been using this marinade to wow my clients for years. —Mark Hardin
- 2 pounds Flank Steak
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Grape seed oil
- 1 cup Loosely packed Parsley
- 3/4 cup cherry-espresso molasses (below)
- tt Salt & Pepper
- 4 cups cherry juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup espresso, cooled
- Espresso-cherry molasses: Add all ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, then simmer for about an hour. Reduced to about 1 cup.
- Marinade: Place the meat in a large dish. In a food processor, grind the walnuts, cherry-espresso molasses (recipe below), garlic, and oil into a puree. Add the parsley and pulse into small bits. Pour the marinade over the meat and toss well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in salty water for a couple of hours before grilling. Thread 3 or 4 pieces of meat onto each skewer 1/4 inch apart, leaving 2 inches of space at the end. Discard the marinade. Brush or wipe extra marinade from the skewers. Leave the meat out while you heat the grill so it can come up to room temperature (no more than 45 minutes total). Prepare a hot grill. Lightly oil the grill and grill the kebabs for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally. When done, the meat should be slightly charred on the outside and very pink on the inside. Transfer to a serving platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts