If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This muffin recipe has subtle flavors of banana and honey. They're made with whole wheat flour, healthy oats, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. A touch of oil and creamy Greek yogurt add moisture and walnuts add a delicious crunch. —ohshineon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, honey, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Gently combine with the flour mixture until moistened. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake muffins until they spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only moist crumbs attached, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts