If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s hard to think of a better side dish that goes with pretty much everything. Fresh crunchy salad, roast potatoes or Yorkshire puddings are all contenders but they all fall just short of this delicious accompaniment. The rich cheese combined with the sweetness of the corn is perfect already and that’s before you’ve even added a crunchy bread topping and yet more crispy cheese. Rich, hearty and full of flavour with not half as many carbs as the macaroni cheese version.
Serve this up alongside guacamole, salsa, crispy veg and French stick. It's really good as a sharing dish too and of course works alongside any meats. —Anna Barnett
- 3 Corn on the cobs
- 100 grams Gruyère cheese - Finely grated
- Half White onion - Cubed
- 2 Cloves of garlic - Crushed and finely sliced
- 1 handful Coriander - Finely sliced
- 1 handful Crunchy baguette breadcrumbs
- 60 grams Butter
- 50 grams Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper to season
- 750 milliliters Milk
- Start by taking a sharp knife and removing the corn kernels from the cob and put to one side.
- Melt the butter on a medium heat and add the flour before whisking continuously a thick paste starts to form. Next add the salt and mustard followed with small dashes of milk and continue to stir. As soon as the milk is absorbed into the paste add another dash and continue this process until all the milk absorbed. You will now have a thick, rich sauce.
- Add in the corn kernels, onions, garlic, coriander and grated Gruyère to your sauce (saving a small handful of Gruyère to add to the top), stir well then add to a ovenproof dish.
- Add the roughly cut breadcrumbs and saved grated Gruyère before baking in the oven for 25minutes and serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn