If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The combination is oh so delightful! I love how the chickpeas soaked up the flavors and juices from the chard, carrots and of course, the garlic. Also, lets not forget how easy it is to make this dish and it will be ready in minutes! —themessimake.com
carrots - chopped
bunch of Swiss chard
cups canned chickpeas
cloves of garlic - minced
teaspoon lemon zest
teaspoon salt, add more or less per your taste
teaspoon crushed red pepper or black pepper
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut off the stems from the chard leaves and chop the leaves into medium size pieces.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Add the chopped chard, chickpeas, salt, crushed red pepper and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste the chard to test for doneness. You want it to be a bit crunchy, wilted chard won’t be so appetizing if you’re eating it solo.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon zest and mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff