If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing better than sweet corn in the summer. This is a simple salad that features this warm weather staple. I love to make it as a side for barbecues and picnics. —nycnomad
White Corn Salad
Ears of Sweet White Corn
cups Organic Arugula
Lemon Thyme Viniagrette
cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemons (Juice only)
teaspoon Sea Salt
teaspoons Thyme Leaves (dried)
teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- With a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. If you've never done this before, just hold the cob vertically with the thick end on a cutting board and carefully slide the knife down the side of the cob, turning it and repeating until all of the corn has been removed. Alternatively, if you have a mandolin, you can slide the cob across the blade as you would a carrot, cutting lengthwise. Take care with your fingers and turn the cob in order to remove all of the kernels.
- Scoop the corn up an place the corn in a bowl.
- Peel a red onion and cut it in half. Cut each half into very thin slices using a knife or a mandolin. Add the onions to the corn and toss gently.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of arugula to the corn and onions and toss gently.
- In a small bowl or a mason jar as I prefer, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme. Pu the lid on the jar and shake OR mix the vinaigrette with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly. That's it! Enjoy. (Scale up to feed a crowd.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn