If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy, quick light pasta dish. —Karen Brooks
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Saute' bacon until it is crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Reservie 1 tablespoon of the fat in the pan.
- In the same pan with the tablespoon of bacon fat, melt the butter. When the butter has melted, add the shallots and saute' until limp.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Add the corn, wine and cream to the butter and shallots in the pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta, corn mixture, reserved bacon and tarragon. Serve.