Author Notes: An easy, quick light pasta dish. —Karen Brooks
slices thick cut bacon, chopped
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup minced shallots
cups fresh corn kernels
cup dry white wine
cup chopped fresh tarragon
pound dried pasta
cup heavy cream
- Saute' bacon until it is crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Reservie 1 tablespoon of the fat in the pan.
- In the same pan with the tablespoon of bacon fat, melt the butter. When the butter has melted, add the shallots and saute' until limp.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Add the corn, wine and cream to the butter and shallots in the pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta, corn mixture, reserved bacon and tarragon. Serve.