If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite way to serve corn all summer long. Less messy than gnawing on cobs, no toothpicks or floss needed. I personally love a little heat but swap out red chillies for mini red peppers if you don't. A cheesy, spicy take on a hot-weather favorite. —foodfanatic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 4 Ears of fresh corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 1 red Fresno chile, finely diced
- 1/3 cup Shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried red chile flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (sliced)
- Sauté the chopped shallots in the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until softened. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter, the corn kernels and the diced chile and sauté over medium-high heat until the corn just starts to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir into the corn mixture. Add a pinch of dried red chile flakes, additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn