If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love going to Zanatto's, a small and cozy local family market. They have a deli section and a really good salad bar as well. More importantly, they have an excellent produce section. Everything is fresh and I especially love the variety and their impeccable display (well, at least at 8 am it is). I always feel so inspired when I'm there. And today I was inspired by these beautiful baby radishes and my good friend, Devina's post on her blog. I love the marriage of the creamy avocado with the spicy radishes and the sweet and sour notes of balsamic on a crunchy toast. Ooh la la...it was super delicious! This would make a perfect light lunch or a gorgeous appetizer for a summer party. —themessimake.com
avocado - sliced
baby radishes - sliced
slices of bread or baguette of your choice (I used whole wheat sourdough from Trader Joe's)
teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, per toast
teaspoon balsamic vinegar, per toast
salt, a pinch per toast
black pepper, 2-3 twists per toast
- Toast the bread or baguettes.
- Arrange the avocado and radish slices, 3-4 slices of each, per toast.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp EVOO on each toast.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar on each toast.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Thats it, they're ready to serve. You can even add parmesan or feta cheese if you want.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe