Author Notes: I love going to Zanatto's, a small and cozy local family market. They have a deli section and a really good salad bar as well. More importantly, they have an excellent produce section. Everything is fresh and I especially love the variety and their impeccable display (well, at least at 8 am it is). I always feel so inspired when I'm there. And today I was inspired by these beautiful baby radishes and my good friend, Devina's post on her blog. I love the marriage of the creamy avocado with the spicy radishes and the sweet and sour notes of balsamic on a crunchy toast. Ooh la la...it was super delicious! This would make a perfect light lunch or a gorgeous appetizer for a summer party. —themessimake.com
avocado - sliced
baby radishes - sliced
slices of bread or baguette of your choice (I used whole wheat sourdough from Trader Joe's)
teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, per toast
teaspoon balsamic vinegar, per toast
salt, a pinch per toast
black pepper, 2-3 twists per toast
- Toast the bread or baguettes.
- Arrange the avocado and radish slices, 3-4 slices of each, per toast.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp EVOO on each toast.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar on each toast.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Thats it, they're ready to serve. You can even add parmesan or feta cheese if you want.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe