If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite salad for me to make when fresh porduce from the farm markets come in season. —Palatable Pastime
- 2 fresh ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Par-cook corn and carrots in boiling salted water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Cut corn from cobs and chop carrots.
- Combine all ingredients (discard cobs) for salad and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn