If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says corn like chicken and sweetcorn soup in our family: our boy loved it from the first spoonful he ever had as a three-year old. It is so easy to make, especially if you just buy the creamed corn (as we do), and if you bought some chicken stock (we prefer to make our own). But even if you made your ingredients from scratch, it wouldn't be too much work. You'd just need to allow enough time to make the stock.. —The home cook
liter chicken stock
grams chicken breast fillets
teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
grams creamed corn
cups corn kernels
sliced spring onions (scallions)
salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, simmer the chicken stock and chicken breasts for 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the stock to let it cool, then use a fork to shred it.
- Take a spoonful of the stock and mix it with the cornflour in a small bowl to form a runny paste. Gradually pour this back into the stock, stirring all the time.
- Add the ginger to the stock. Simmer for a few minutes until the stock thickens.
- Add the chicken, creamed corn and corn and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve, garnished with the spring onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn