Author Notes: Who doesn't love ceviche? I love that it goes well with guacamole and salsa, plus it’s so dang easy to make! Perfect for summer and social gatherings. —Tonie
ounces Firm Tofu
cup Red Onion, Diced
cup Sweet Corn (fresh off the cob or canned)
Jalapeño Pepper, Chopped
cup Cilantro, Chopped
Corn Tortillas or Tortilla Chips
- Cube the tofu and place in a container.
- Squeeze the lime juice of 4 limes over the tofu so that it's sitting in lime juice.
- Add 1/4 cup red onion.
- Cover with lid and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain and save lime juice to use later.
- Optional: Place tofu and red onion in skillet and cook approx three minutes. Do not cook with EVOO since you don't want the tofu crispy, just a little brown.
- Add additional red onion, chopped jalapeño pepper and corn to skillet and cook two more minutes.
- Remove from skillet and toss with lime juice.
- Top with avocado and cilantro and serve with corn tortillas or tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn