If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Corn and fennel are pickled with szechuan peppercorn, star anise, and chili peppers. —Shelley | BaconEgg&Cheesecake
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 2 thai chili peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix corn, fennel, peppercorns, star anise, and chili peppers in an airtight jar.
- In a saucepan, combine apple cider vinegar, lime juice, water, salt, and sugar. Heat the mixture until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour over the corn and fennel mix. Cover and let sit for at least a day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn